Wednesday, February 06, 2013

So how many of of these do you think Mike Sterling will be given in the next week...?

I'm going to guess...thirty-six. That is one of the 18 tear-out valentines available in this week's Young Romance: The New 52 Valentine's Day Special, which, as you can see, are modeled off the sort of valentines you probably got and gave in grade school.

They're not as funny as the New 52 valentines you can probably find online from the likes of Mr. Chris Sims (That first Aquaman one just made me laugh again), but it's a cute idea.

I was a little surprised to see this one, given the notoriety of the pose:
It's the zipped-up, straightened-out version of that pose; the one that ultimately shipped on the cover of Catwoman #0, rather than the one that was originally solicited.

Of all the possible New 52 images of Catwoman though, the choice of that one seems almost calculated to annoy some online critics, as much as that first one seems calculated to give people something to give Mike Sterling.

Personally, I thought this one was the most clever...
..but now that I've revisited that Sims-written piece on ComicsAlliance, I see that valentine rather echoes the headline.

Anyway, for more on Young Romance (i.e. actual reviews of the contents), click your way to Robot 6 using this here link.

For the second Wednesday in a row, I'm not going to have enough time/enough comics waiting for me to inspire me to make it to my local-est comic shop, so I'm afraid that's all of the new content I have for you. I hope to have some more substantial reviews this weekend, when no one is reading.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

The Valentines were the best part of the hideously overpriced book.